Logrivich’s Tower (XP: 3,500 (29,850))
• After a long previous day, the party returned to the hidden shrine of Milani and crashed. Even the strange echoes from the streets above and the soft sounds of running water from the various hot springs could not hold off sleep.
• Awake, refreshed and clean, the party join Solveig in the war-room, and old reinforced cavern log forgotten tot the city above. Solveig reveals that a deal with the Iron Guard has been brokered and now they are waiting to strike. When the White Dragon, Logrivich, is slain and a flare sent from the tower, both the guard and heralds will begin strikes upon the Winter Guard and witches. She believes that they may be able to sustain it for maybe 24-48 hours at best so once the tower has been done, the party should rest and prepare to the now guard depleted market place where Nazhena waits.
• Ringeiir and Nadya join them in the war-room after returning from completing several missions for the Heralds. They had been helping suppling and planting weapon and armour caches around the city to be used in the uprising. Nadya volunteers to assist the party in taking down Logrivich, something she sees as getting her closer to Nazhena.
• Once the party have gathered what supplies they want for the raid, Solveig prepares an Ulfen feast for them which also included the war-stories and celebrating those who have fallen in their quest for freedom. As the party make final preparations, Solveig pulls them aside and apologises. She asks a final favour, to find and free a prisoner she believes is in the tower, a Cheliaxian opera singer called Bella Belvorica. It is someone she knew from her time in Cheliax and is unsure why she is in the city, but is concerned for her wellbeing as a prisoner of the dragon.
• The clock tower is in the Northern section of the city and streets are quite on the way there, the curfew and martial law keeping most inside. The lower levels have some sort of frosted glass and after some debate, the party enter through the front bone gate. Marvelling at the beautiful stone statues of a previous queen and daughter, the group enter into the noise tower. The sound of grinding stone alerts everyone as the two statues step down and raise swords.
• A suddenly enlarged Traiel watches in horror as his sword cracks as he reduces one to rubble. Morgan and Wyran assault the second while Katarina and Nadya suddenly feel the hot, stinking breath of an ice troll upon them as the guards some to investigate. With an ulfen cry of vengeance, Nadya starts unloading arrows into the beast, causing it to recoil in pain. It is then silenced by a life ending blow from Traiel. As the remaining statue is destroyed, dropping a adamantine longsword, the remaining party join the fray in the main guard room. Three more trolls enter the fight, only to be doused with oil by the witch and then carved up by now two enlarged party members. Morgan and Nadya add to their woes with hails of arrows and ……… well, I am sure Morgan did something flashy, just can’t remember. Citation needed? :)
• Traiel lights up the trolls as the opposite door finally gives way to a repulsive trollhound and its owner. Lightning bolt, arrows and a large hammer make quick work of them. A quick search discovers some decent arms and armour and during the look around, Traiel enters a troll’s bedroom and receives a vicious attack from the waiting occupant. A female troll, larger and more skilled than her brethren calls for vengeance for her fallen men and swings her large axe with deadly precision. With Wyran and Traiel trying to hold back her fury, Morgan is attacked by a Wikkawak, ineffectually. It is quickly slept and curb stomped.
• A search of the area discovers 6 children in cages. They are of surprising health but speak of Granny Nan who comes down occasionally to take one of them and they do not see them again. Some of their toys are found and Katarina mends them for the children. The children agree to sit quietly and wait. Meanwhile, Traile discovers a greatsword with an Ulfen Guard crossbar crest that is magical. He manages to unclip it and attach it to his family sword, the magic now flowing through his blade.
• Leaving the first floor, Nadya reveals that she saw a strange childlike creature with a ratlike skull disappearing up the stairs. Morgan and Traiel enter through windows into the kitchen while Katarina, Wyran and Nadya enter the main hallway. In the kitchen, the oven lurches to life, grinding iron and billowing smoke giving away it’s sudden movement. In the hallway, the small creature is seen again and the sound of sobbing radiates from it. After several rounds of avoiding the animated oven’s attacks, the party bring it down. Meanwhile, Wyran discovers the creature is undead and while it keeps trying to hug and bite him, he swings away at it. As it tries to escape, a positive energy burst from Wyran destroys the creature, freeing the tragic soul of the Attic Whisperer. The oven, despite being a construct had also radiated strong evil, and the distant cries of childlike voices echoed from its depths.